Enhance Your Holiday Meal Potluck-Style. Yes Potluck!
Do you run yourself ragged to prepare the perfect holiday meal? It does not have to be that way! You can create an extraordinary, intimate holiday celebration and still have the energy and spirit to enjoy every moment.
You see, planning and preparing an elaborate holiday meal all on your own is not only exhausting, but it also defeats the whole notion of holiday togetherness.
Let’s bring togetherness, the sharing-kind-of-togetherness, back into the holidays!
Let’s bring back the holiday community meal!
5 Reasons To Host A Holiday Community Meal
1. Bringing a dish allows your guests to take ownership in the meal — there’s a big distinction between being a “guest” and being a participant. It’s a mindset shift from “yours” to “ours.”
2. Guests have conversation icebreakers — What did you bring? Is that something from your childhood? “Wow! This is delicious!” Before you know it your guests are telling stories and sharing recipes.
3. Community meals bring people closer together — there is a shared purpose, a shared experience and a sharing of one another. Food is a gift and someone enjoys our food we beam. When you allow your guests to share their dish at your holiday community meal, you are giving them a gift. Who doesn’t like to hear, “This is amazing! How did you make it?”
4. Community meals promote intimacy, connectedness and allow guests to drop their guard — it’s all about community!
5. You have less food to prepare and can focus on creating more joy! The first time I hosted a community holiday meal it was by necessity. There was no way I was able to prepare all the food. So, yes, there was less food to prepare but little did I know that I would also be creating more joy — for me, my family and my guests. Less food prep, more joy — that’s powerful stuff during the holidays!
I would love to hear about your favorite ways to celebrate the holidays! Are you willing to share stories and/or photos. If so, Email Me!
Are you interested in how you might simplify your holiday? Read this article, Mindfully Create a Peaceful Holiday, with ideas and tips on infusing the holiday season with joy and reducing holiday stress at the same time. Yes, it can be done! … Read more.