New Year’s Life Design Exercise
Puts you exactly where you want to be one year from today
People keep asking me what resolutions I’m making for 2015. I stopped making “resolutions” years ago. Instead I take a look at my year, what worked, what didn’t, what I want more of, what I want less of, and then write down everything I want in a perfect world a year from now.
Why do I like this? Because it allows me to think about what I want, visualize it, and in essence, create it.
Give it a try: Right now while you’re thinking about it, take out a pen and paper and write down your ideal day a year from now. Just one day, write it down from beginning to end.
Just to get your creative juices flowing, here’s the beginning of mine:
- wake up early in the morning in a clean, uncluttered bedroom
- make coffee and while it’s brewing water my plants
- go to my “happy” place and meditate for 15 minutes
- breakfast is healthy and hearty
- there are fresh flowers in my home everyday
- I sit down to check my email for my private practice, which is thriving and bountiful
And the list goes on … usually about 75 items. So…what’s yours? Write it down. Your ideal day one year from now.
In tomorrow’s post I will tell you the big secret to this list. You might just be surprised.
Happy New Year’s Eve!