Dear Friends, I can’t wait for you to meet guest blogger Sheryl Scott. Sheryl and I met on Twitter where we have been conversing and sharing resources and ideas for nearly a year. She inspires her readers to live each day with vigor and passion day-in and day-out. Her enthusiasm is infectious and her “never say never” attitude exudes “go, go, go!” Sheryl was a professional racquetball player and her focus on focusing rings loud! Please meet, Sheryl Scott, founder and creatrix of fiercepreneur.com.
“The successful warrior is the average man (or woman), with laser focus.” – Bruce Lee
Can you imagine the incredible focus and concentration that must have driven the legendary martial artist Bruce Lee?
The difference between a good performance and a great one is in your MIND! The ability to FOCUS and maintain sustained focus throughout the game, tournament, race or round, is the key to peak performance.
Our brain, everything from speech, movement, memory, focus, concentration and decision making are all guided by this mighty organ. As we age, experience stress, or cause damage to our brains, the connections between these neurons weaken, and these vital conveyors of information become unhealthy or even die.
A feeble brain cannot focus or concentrate over any period of time. Fortunately, there are things you can do to improve brain health and improve focus and your results in the “ring.”
6 Ways to Improve Focus and Produce Winning Results
1. Eat brain healthy foods like nuts, vegetables, and healthy fats. Walnuts, avocados and berries are yummy and “brain smart.”
2. Exercise! Healthy body, healthy brain!
3. Sleep! Your brain flushes toxins and waste while you sleep, a minimum of seven hours per night is optimal for healthy brain function.
4. Don’t worry, be happy! Laughter and happiness aid brain health.
5. Water! Dehydration leads to memory, focus and concentration struggles. Drink up!
6. Tease your brain! Read, brush your teeth with your opposite hand, dance, make your brain think differently!
Eat, exercise, laugh and play, then go kick some ass!
Meet Sheryl Scott:
I bet we have something in common! Are you living a full life with ups and downs, like I am, with a smirk, a smile, and a glass of wine.
I love family, friends and damn good wine! I own a home based business, the first J.O.B. I have had after 30 years out of the job market. I am having the time of my life!
Grab her FREE e-book Badass Secrets to Ageless Beauty and Glowing Skin.
Check out her website and blog too: fiercepreneur.com